Friday, October 27, 2017

Let The Imagination Run Wild While Trying New Things

This year I tried something new. Pickling and canning tomatoes. I really enjoyed learning to make pickles. Canning tomatoes was a little bit more work than I thought it would be. 



For pickling and canning, you need to make sure you have everything you need. Here I have my jars with lids, cucumbers, pickling spices, and pans for cooking and canning.

 In this picture of have cut the cucumbers. One bowl for bread and butter pickles and the other one for dill pickles.


In this picture are the bread and butter mixture ready to be cooked.
In this picture the dill pickles have been cooked and placed in the jars. Put on the lids.

Now you place the jars of pickles into the pan to seal the lids. 
 The final product. The pickles turned out yummy.


 This was fun. I have never peeled the skin off tomatoes before. A tomato with no skin feels kind of funny.
The tomatoes cooking before I placed them in the jars.












Someday I might have one of my characters canning or pickling. Or maybe there is a mystery lingering here among the cucumbers and tomatoes. Or a ghost seeps out of a pickle jar. Let the imagination run wild while trying new things.

I'm the author of Ghostly Clues now out in print.

https://www.amazon.com/Ghostly-Clues-Kay-LaLone/dp/1771279362/ref=sr_1_1_twi_pap_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1509038195&sr=8-1&keywords=ghostly+clues

Family Secret will be out in print soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment